Top Skip to content
Michael Braverman, DHCD Commissioner Mayor Bernard C. "Jack" Young

Reasonable Accommodation Request

If you or someone in your household has a disability and you are applying or have applied for Baltimore housing, you have the right to ask Baltimore Housing to make changes or exceptions to its rules, policies, or practices so that you can use Baltimore Housing programs. This is called a "reasonable accommodation request."

Here are some examples:
If you have trouble reading due to your disability, you can ask Baltimore Housing to provide its notices in another format - by reading it to you in person or over the phone, by making the print larger, by providing the notices via email, on an audiotape, or in Braille, or by sending copies of notices to a friend or family member:

If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can ask Baltimore Housing employees to communicate to you in written form or to provide a sign language interpreter for important meetings or hearings.

If you have a mobility impairment, you may ask Baltimore Housing to install grab bars in your bathroom, install a wheelchair ramp, or make other changes to your unit;

If you can't get to your housing manager's office, you may ask your manager to come to your unit instead.

These are just examples. Your reasonable accommodation request may differ. Baltimore Housing may require that you provide more information and, in some situations, a letter from a social worker or health care provider may be required.

Click here to submit a Reasonable Accommodation Request and view our policies.

After you have filled out the form:
Deliver or mail it to:

Baltimore Housing Choice Voucher Program
1225 West Pratt St.
Baltimore, MD 21202